By working through this chapter, you will:
- Investigate a case study about water that raises scientific, ethical, spiritual, and action questions.
- Explore the structure of the water molecule, the water cycle, and the changing water content in the atmosphere.
- Learn how water cycles and air currents create weather patterns and climates.
- Understand the sources of water, the distribution of water on Earth, and the effect of human activities on distribution cycles.
- Analyze key ethical challenges about water that human beings are confronting in the world today and understand the moral principles, goals, and virtues important for guiding water decisions.
- Discover ways in which spirituality has influenced the human understanding and use of water, and recognize the importance of spirituality for responding constructively to today’s water crisis.
- Plan and execute an environmental action that addresses a water problem in your community.