The Healing Earth Introduction outlined four steps to help you move from preparation to action. These were:
- See a problem that you want to address.
- Study the scientific and social aspects of the problem (the 5 Ws).
- Imagine possible action responses that are ethically coherent and spiritually genuine.
- Select one of these action responses, perform the action and monitor results.
You may want to review what goes into each step. Below are ideas that invite you to see a problem, gather information, develop responses and perform action.
- In 2016, the United Nation’s International Initiative of Water Quality rolled out the new World Water Quality Portal. The Portal is a free visualizer of satellite derived water quality information for worldwide lakes and rivers. Take a look. What water actions do you think this information would support?
- This Hydrofinity website connects you with 15 organizations doing global advocacy for water.
- Bottled water has been a compound environmental problem since its inception. One of its major problems is plastic. Check this website from the TAPP Water Organization on ways you can reduce plastic pollution.
- Water Action Hub connects you with water stewardship projects around the world
- Join students from 38 countries and become a Young Reporter for the Environment.